Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fix-It-Friday #81

I have been negligent in maintaining my blog as well as keeping up with Photo Challenges and Fix-It-Fridays on I Heart Faces. Oops. Then again, for the longest time I was unable to add images for some reason....

Anyway, here is a photo of the lovely Arden Prucha and her husband taken by Michelle Johnson.

Original Image:

Beautiful. It only needs a few little tweaks to really make it shine.

Color Edit:

I started with a custom levels preset to make the whole image pop, then a custom color set. I used TRA's Ying/Yang to prevent blow-outs and bring out some hidden details, then applied TRA's Big Blue and Green With Envy to make the colors pop.


B/W Edit
A very simple edit. From the color edit, I used the Photoshop Channel Mixer preset B/W with yellow filter to give it a nice soft look, then used TRA's Vignette and Blur and adjusted it so the result wasn't quite so severe.


Hot Cocoa Edit:
As much as I love black and white, I love the warmth that a deep brown gives to an image even more. A simple application of TRA's Cinnamon Toast adds just the right tint of color to the image.


I love working on these lovely images! You can find more contributions here. :)

3 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

Oooooooooooooh! AMAZING!

Tiffany said...

Love the hot cocoa edit!!

Deborah said...

Love the 'boldness' to your color edit!
The b/w, and hot cocoa edits are very nicely done, as well!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Coming Up Roses. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator