Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


I will admit, of all the holidays during this deployment, I really was not on board with Easter celebrations this year. Sure, I bought a basket, egg dye, and bunny ears, but I just could not get swept into the spirit like I was able to with Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Great Santa Fiasco of 2010 prevented me from spending upwards of $50 to traumatize my child by sitting him on the lap of a giant, big-eyed rabbit. I considered making a big Easter dinner, but I never quite became inspired enough to go to the store. And forget an Easter egg hunt. It's a zoo with all those other kids, and it's just not terribly smart to send a crawler in amidst the madness. Still, I wanted to do something for Alex, so I boiled and colored eggs. I arranged a little basket of his favorite movie series and a cuddly lamb (he is getting more and more fond of stuffed animals). He is too young for me to teach him the true meaning of this day, but I hope the excitement of celebrating carries over to his understanding and cherishing of this day later in life. Happy Easter everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Coming Up Roses. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator